Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Friday, January 08, 2010

Another year gone?

Happy 2010! I hope that you are enjoying the beginning of the year in spite of or as well as the crazy weather. We've got a fair amount of blowing snow. I haven't really seen "blizzardy" weather since I lived in Canada. It has been so nice receiving holiday greetings by mail and email.

I have nothing exciting to report, except that a year makes a big difference. Last year this time I was madly packing my things to be ready for Seattle and my move to Missouri. Now, a year later, I have settled in here in Missouri. I am certain that I made the right decision; I have found some peace here and I no longer feel like I'm getting sicker.

Though I often talk of how slow my progress is, a year later I am clearly better than I was. I miss my friends in Boise. I am happy to be reconnecting with friends here in Missouri as well as making new ones. I miss my care providers in Boise, but I am also working with some great people here in Missouri.

Thank you so much for sticking with me and taking interest. All the best to each of you this year. Jill

1 Comments:

Blogger AK Lockwoods said...

Jill-
After seeing you on Rhoda's facebook friends list, I immediately looked up your blog. Over the past hour, I've really enjoyed getting caught up on your life over these last ten years or so, and especially loved "hearing" your humor and irrespressible spirit in your posts.
I have thought of you so often over the years and always assumed that you were still the amazing all-star you've always been. Seems I was right about that.
You ARE amazing and I hope you KNOW that a lesser person would not have your tenacity and patience. I believe you will one day have this fight behind you. And if it's OK with you, I'd love to read along.

Feel free to say NO, though. You remember how insensitive and uncompassionate I am, right? So you know I won't get my feelings hurt. :)

Jenni/fer (Haines) Lockwood

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home