Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thanks!

Hi! It's Jill. Thank you, Dad, for all the time you have put into this blog. Dad continues to get busier and I'm ready to help out. So I will write an update myself this time.

I am alive and kicking. I continue to ride the rollercoaster of recovery, but slowly I am learning what to expect. I had been feeling better over the last couple of months (human, I like to say). Last weekend I got dehydrated from some flu-like symptoms and ended up in the hospital for a couple of days. After filling up on fluids I felt quite well. As a result of the hospitalization my doctor raised me back up on one of my medications and I am dealing with the side effects of that.

Life goes on and I am feeling more confident and hopeful about my recovery. The good days remind me that some day I will be off a lot of these medications and feeling like a real person. In the mean time I am making good use of my time. I've been learning about how to take better care of myslf, getting into town and exercising as much as I can (not much, but it's a start.) In addition to our many errands, Mom and I finally got out for a movie; I'm happy to say that Dad is home from his summer trips for a while; and, I'm looking forward to seeing Harley and his kids this weekend. I am sorry that Amy will not make it down because she is working hard in Urbana.

I'm overwhelmed again and again by the support I feel in this journey. It is amazing how many people still follow my progress. It seems when I am struggling I always find a kind note, a wish for health or a reassurance that someone is praying for me in the mail, over the phone or on-line. I can't tell you how much that support and interest means to me. Sometimes I feel so alone, but never for long. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and all of the time you put into supporting me.

Jill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated about yourself, Jill.
You and your parents are the one inspiring us most when we are in the difficulties.
We have been following this blog for years and always thinking of you and your parents. We never lose our confidence that you will get over it.Best wishes!

zuoming & weiwei (students of Dr.Johnson.)

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home