Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankfulness

As Thanksgiving nears, I find myself thinking of many of the things for which I am thankful (I was going to say 'all,' but I'm quite sure I could never think of them all). Most of all, I am thankful for all the loving, caring, giving people in my life. There are so many I could never name them all. I am thankful to be alive and that my body continues to heal and progress. I am thankful that as far as I know I have no cancer; for no more blood transfusions, for fewer medications, for control of my graft vs host disease, for my two fuzzy guys (Kishka and Turbo), for 10 months of good weather in Missouri, for moments of peace and joy. I'm thankful to have some good thunderstorms again, more saliva, repaired teeth, reliable insurance, a warm home, time to rest and heal, music I like, hair on my head, warm brownies and the approaching holiday season. I give thanks for Team in Training and the opportunity to be an honored patient again, for sunny days, long distance communication, comfortable shoes, lotion, snoring pets, and household sounds. And of course, I am thankful for you--for taking the time to read about me. Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks! Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home