Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays

It has been several weeks since my last post. There has been very little new to report. The biggest news is that Jill went 5 1/2 weeks between blood transfusions--by far the longest stretch since she started receiving regular transfusions 3 years ago. This is a good sign because it means that her body is producing more and destroying fewer red blood cells. Hopefully this trend will continue and she will soon not need regular transfusions.

I am in Boise this week visiting Sylvia, Jill and Scott. It is great to get together especially when Jill is at home and has enough energy to visit.

Happy holidays to everyone and thanks to all of you for your support throughout the last year.

Tom

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill,
These updates keep getting better and better. I look forward to reading about even more positive progress for you in 2009!

Love, Michelle

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jill. Yep, I still keep track of you. What a long road for you, but a road nonetheless. I am still alive as well. My GVHD is somewhat pronounced but I am enduring just fine. Still in solid remission. Seattle thinks my ALL is gone for good. Lots of wierd sickness around, washing my hands plenty, living with the hand sanitizer strapped to my hand. Well girl, on with life. Say hi to Sylvia. Cindie and Ted Ave'Lallemant

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home