Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A light read

Hello all. My latest adventure was a trip to the pulmonologist. During my trip to Seattle a scan revealed some irregualarity in my lungs. Friday the doctor used a scope to look into my lungs. While he was at it, he drained some fluid (a liter!)he noticed had returned around my left lung. Two pounds of fluid. I don't know how it all fit in there. I was glad to have it gone. My lung was not so sure, although it's coming around. It was quite painful at first but it's getting better. I've been taking lots of deep breaths to fill it up and keep it working. Between losing the back brace (3 lbs.) and this, I feel like I'm walking on air. I haven't heard back about the other lung stuff. They think GVHD (Graft vs. Host Disease) or an infection.

In other news, I have the link for my Dad's fund raising page: http://pages.teamintraining.org/gat/rnrseatl10/tomjohnson

I hope you all are well. I can't say it enough--thank you all for your amazing support.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

aww.. you are such a strong girl Jill. i can't believe the trials you consistantly go thru. thanks for keeping us informed so we can pray and try and support you,, even from afar.
I love you and hope you keep on the mend.
REgan

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home