Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Moving Right Along

Thanks for checking in. Things are going well. I have lots of numbers.
17 - the number of days I spent on my trip to Canada!!
36 - the age I turned on August 28
8 - the number of years since I was diagnosed with cancer
3 1/2 - the number of years I've been cancer-free
4 - the number of days I spent in Seattle for my 6 month check-up
can't count - the number of wonderful friends and care providers I saw in Seattle

I'm happy to say that I'm feeling quite well. My energy continues to grow; my GVHD continues to diminish; and my catastrophies seem to occur less frequently.

My parents are well. My pets are well. Mom has recovered from her knee surgery and Turbo has recovered from his broken foot. Dad has some aches and pains and Kishka is doing well.

I am sad that cancer marches on. Several people dear to me are fighting cancer and my heart goes out to them as well as the many people dealing with cancer everyday who I don't know.

That's all for now. Take care! Jill

2 Comments:

Blogger roncjohnson said...

Hi Jill. I haven't checked your blog for quite a while but after seeing you in Saskatoon (which we enjoyed very much, by the way) I thought I should catch up. Great to hear that you are doing well. I took note of your comments about cancer as well. Right now we have a friend in the hospital who appears to be losing the fight to cancer, but your story provides hope... We continue to pray for you and look forward to seeing you again soon. All the best. Uncle Ron J.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Matty said...

Jill, I am so glad to know you are doing well, 3 years and a half cancer-free and counting! Congrats!
On another note, your birthday happens to be the same as my sister's! And, I am also a Virgo (sept 9th). Virgo women are portrayed as strong women, and you are a true example of one.
Happy Thanksgiving! And best wishes during the holidays!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home