Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Sunday, December 18, 2011

No News is No News

I apologize for being derelict in posting. I kept waiting for something worth writing about, but nothing happened.

My trip to Canada was certainly something. I very much enjoyed a Canadian Thanksgiving (or as Canadians say, Thanksgiving) with my family. I am very happy to have visited with lots of family for a second time this year.

Other than that I have been diagnosed with Lymphedema (swelling because of backed up lymph fluid)in my right arm, had another liter drained off my left lung and started on a new immune suppressant to hopefully get off my current immunesuppressants. I was also unsuccessfully phlebotomized (giving blood to no one) to get rid of some extra iron twice, and most recently had some kind of problem with my right arm that was very painful. I am now on antibiotics and blood thinners until doctors can rule out that I have an infection or blood clot.

All of that is a lot of mumbo jumbo that just means life goes on as usual-lots of bumps over a fairly stable road.

December is flying by and I can't believe that Christmas is a week away. I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. I look forward to seeing Harley, Amy, Elise and Will when they visit at Christmas.

I wish you all peace, health and joy in the New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home