Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Monday, August 20, 2012

A little summer

It's so nice to have finally had a few weeks of nice summer weather.  We had quite the hot, dry spring as did much of the United States.  Everything is pretty dried up, but it's been nice to enjoy temperatures in the 80's (mid 20's C).

It's been a busy few months.  I had hoped to visit family in Canada in July.  I had to cancel but wanted to try again in August but had to cancel again.  My lungs have been doing their thing again.  In mid-July I had about a liter and a half of fluid drained off each lung.  After that I had continuing pain and shortness of breath.  It seems that my GVHD is busy again.  It was also affecting my mouth and gut.  So my prednisone has been increased again.  The breathing seems to be improving but my gut is still not happy.  I've been busy with appointments and scans and things.  I've been feeling fatigued, too, so I spend a lot of time resting these days.

Otherwise, things have been good.  It was nice to see Harley, Amy, Will and Elise in July.  They and Dad were able to visit in Canada in July.  I'm glad for them and I'm hoping to get there yet this fall with Mom.  Turbo and Kishka are doing well and do me a lot of good.

Thanks for checking in.  Jill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Matty Figueroa said...

Hi Jill,
Happy Birthday!!!!! Another year to celebrate how strong you and your family are. Today is my sister's birthday as well. What a beautiful day! She turns 33 although she wishes she were turning 25 =). I hope to see her and celebrate with her during Christmas when I visit my family in Ecuador.

I hope the recent pains and problems get by quickly, so that you can continue to enjoy the nice weather that is finally starting to come our way. Canada would be nice in the Fall (before it gets too cold). I recently visited Alberta and enjoyed the yummy beef and the landscape of the rocky mountains very much. It was also interesting to see that Canada and the USA don't have as much in common as I had thought.

Best wishes for a year better than the one you leave behind.

¡¡¡Feliz Cumpleaños!!!
Matty

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home