Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nine

years since I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease.  I'm still kicking!  :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger AK Lockwoods said...

Congrats and WOW! You're awesome and inspiring. Happy belated birthday also! Man, you're old, but it's better than the alternative. :) Hope you found a million wonderful reasons to celebrate like crazy!

Would love to talk to you. I'm heading down to Swedish for a biopsy next week and would mind hearing your expertise on this path. I sent my cell number to your email.

Hello to Mom and Dad and the pets!
xo

5:02 PM  
Blogger AK Lockwoods said...

Just rereading some of Jill's old posts tonight. So crazy that when I wrote the above comment, I hadn't even gotten my cancer diagnosis yet, and here I am now, almost four years later, still dealing with the crap that is cancer. In February, I made it to my third birthday the "experts" told me I'd never see. I think much of that relative success has to do with Jill and her example. She was so simply and quietly heroic, going about the business of living well as often as she could. Just by her example, I know I am continuing to thrive and survive against odds that I really have no explanation to. Sure miss her and her beautiful smile. Hugs to Tom & Sylvia, Harley, Amy, & the kiddos.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home