Jill Update

The purpose of this weblog was to keep Jill's family and friends current on her treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Jill passed away on January 20, 2013 after a 10 year battle against the disease and the side effects of her many treatments. This blog will now serve as a memorial to Jill. Please feel free to add your comments and thoughts.

Name:
Location: Columbia, Missouri, United States

Monday, December 24, 2012

Something a little different.

I have decided to repurpose this blog.  I am clearly not updating this enough and I know why.  My medical status is not interesting and I'm tired of thinking and writing about myself.  My health is somewhat stable in an unstable way and that's enough about that.

I will use quotes.  I like quotes because other people seem to be able to say really good things without using too many words.  This quote I swiped from the bottom of someone's email.  I can't remember whose, but I think it's someone involved with Team in Training.  Anyway, here it is:

"There are two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

I think this makes sense as we move through the holiday season regardless of what, how, and who we celebrate.  I don't have much to add.  I know people who fall into each category when it comes to miracles; I think this is a really good time to examine each option and make sure that I remember to consider life accordingly every day.  I encourage you to do the same.

Happy holidays!  (I think it is a miracle that people still follow this blog.)  Love from Jill

1 Comments:

Blogger AK Lockwoods said...

Of course we still follow! You're awesome! You were awesome when I met you... 15 years ago, and you're still so.

I was going to say "Maybe even more awesome today" but I really think you were just about perfect when I met you.

May I also add that you were awesome even when you were telling us all about Potentilla Tina as well as suffering patiently through someone's harmonica lessons? Hmm? :)

Happy 2013, Jill! xoxo

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home